How does it Feel to Lose Your Father?

Major Tariq Javed

Have you ever lost your umbrella in the bad weather? How does it feel? Yeah…. Losing your father has the same feeling. When you know you’re not going to see that face in your entire life not even by chance. It’s a reality, not a dream. You want to rewind each and every second you spent with your dad but you’re standing helplessly. You want your dad but he can’t come back. He is gone forever. No more birthday wishes from his side. Losing your dad isn’t something any kid wants. It’s been 13 days, since I lost my father (Major Tariq Javed). He died due to cardiac arrest on 9th August, 2017. He was kind, supportive and loving person. He left us so soon at the age of 65. It is so painful when you see his empty chair, your heart starts sinking. My dad’s death changed me forever. It was a sudden journey from daddy’s girl to another quiet serious person. I may look alright but inside I’m so much damaged. I used to cry on my pillow, telling myself I’m strong. It is almost impossible to reconcile. Everyone around you continues their routine work. You really want to scream loud and tell them how much hurt you are. But you can’t do that. You feel so empty and lonely even though your whole family is with you. You start missing the minor details like how he used to sleep, how he used to eat, how he used to brush his teeth. It seems weird but yes, this is a fact I miss his every single act. Even, when you reached home, there was a smiling face welcoming you but now that smile is gone. I have loving family and friends but still they can’t fill that void in my life. I miss my dad, and I miss him so bad because it broke my heart to lose him. Although I have a strong belief that he must be in better place. But still I’m going to miss you, Papa. I know You Loved me a lot, you were always there for me. I don’t know how I’ll row my boat without you. Today, on your Birthday you are not with us but I hope you are in better place. I love you 💖and Happy Birthday Papa 💓😢



About Author


Hafsa Tariq Javed is the founder/Blogger at PostChasm. She had an experience of writing articles in Dawn Newspaper. She is passionate about her blog. You can connect her on Google++